About Claudia Pit-Mairbock
Central Coast counsellor and psychotherapist.
I am a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist, based on the Central Coast, Australia, who helps women and men manage change and life transitions. I see individuals and couples.
I love to assist people find and use their voice so that they can fully engage in their life.
Becoming a counsellor
Over the last two decades I helped people discover their resources and intuition, develop skills and regain trust in themselves.
My working career started in internal and external communications, where I helped businesses in Europe and Australia with their communication needs. Working with people from different cultural backgrounds and in varying roles sparked my interest in assisting people manage and achieve change. So, I changed my career and became a fully qualified counsellor and psychotherapist in order to follow my dream.
Focus on change
I was born and raised in Austria, and moved to the Netherlands in my early 20s. This required me to learn a new language, adjust to a different culture and build new relationships. A decade and a half later I moved to Australia and set up life in my country of choice.
Adapting to a new environment wasn’t always easy for me, but in the process I learned a lot about myself. Over time I came to the realisation that change and differences enrich my life, even when it doesn’t present itself that way. I also learned how I can manage change and create new opportunities.
This is why I focus my work on assisting people who go through a time of transition, maybe feel stuck or are unsure what step to take next. Clients who come to see me, uncover resources and discover new experiences and possibilities in their life. They find new ways in situations that seem to have become stuck.
An important part of my life is to invest in my own personal and professional development. This includes regular clinical supervision, mindfulness practice and yoga. With that I ensure the quality of my work as a counsellor.
- In private practice in Tumbi Umbi, Central Coast
- Low-cost counselling services in Kincumber
- Brief therapy services for a disability employment agency
- In addition to conducting my private practice, I have been a counsellor at a drop in centre for mentally ill people and at a family relationship centre.
- Member of the CAPA Rural and Regional Committee
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Jansen Newman Institute)
- Coaching for Psychotherapists (Jansen Newman Institute)
- Narrative Therapy (Jansen Newman Institute)
- drs (MA) in Communication Science (University of Amsterdam)
Registered Member of the Counsellors and Psychotherapists Association of NSW, Reg. No. 39381 (CAPA)
Ongoing professional development in counselling and psychotherapy
- Ongoing clinical supervision
- Couples Counselling with Susan Johnson, John Gottman, Michele Weiner-Davis, a.o. (6 week workshop, Psychotherapy Networker)
- Working with Stepfamilies (Interrelate)
- Grief and Loss: A Grieving Self–The Loss and Search for Identity (Dr Alison Strasser, CAPA)
- Sandplay Therapy (Gail Pemberton, CAPA)
- Sexual Trauma Counselling (CAPA)
- Grief and Loss Counselling (The Samaritans)
- Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (Dr. Russell Harris, The Happiness Trap)
- Focusing Training (Jane Quayle, Focusing Institute of New York)
- Personal and Professional Awareness of Ethical Considerations as a Therapist (CAPA)
- The New Neurobiology and What it Means to Psychotherapy (CAPA)
To begin the journey towards the life you want:
- Book your counselling appointment now. Call me on 040 676 5516 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are not ready to book a counselling appointment, contact me for a FREE confidential 15-minute consultation to discuss your needs and hopes.